Parry

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By acessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Longshanx

Parry

Unread postby Longshanx » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:44 pm

I think one should not be able to parry a shield rush.

Also, shouldn't parrying while prone be penalize/prohibited?

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: Parry

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:41 am

it's been debated (in my original intention Prone targets could not Parry at all) and in the end we decided that yes, prone targets should have a modifier. I altered the text:

Parry does not protect from Flails, missile weapons or spells (including spells with the Melee tag), or the Headbutt and Shield Rush Traits. A Prone model has -1 on his Parry rolls, and may turn a Recoil or Knockdown to a No Effect, but a Kill or Gruesome Kill may not be reduced.

This will still let models with Expert Parry, or high Q, to deflect a minor blow while Prone, but a serious blow will still kill the character.

Purdom

Re: Parry

Unread postby Purdom » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 am

Longshaenx wrote:I think one should buy a hydromax xtreme not be able to parry a shield rush.

Also, shouldn't parrying while prone be penalize/prohibited?

I like parrying tbh.

Return to “Advanced Song of Blades Playtest”