Cast into melee

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By acessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Xenos

Cast into melee

Unread postby Xenos » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:20 pm

"The spell may be cast even against a target who is in melee with a friend of the caster."

We played a 3 way battle and came across this rule. I am warband 1 with a melee going against warband 3. Warbands 2 and 3 are also in a separate melee. I had initially planned on using Switcheroo to swap a weak C member of warband 2 in the second melee with a strong C member of warband 3 that was in melee with a weaker member of my warband. We played it as I, Warband 1 could not cast into a melee between Warbands 2 and 3. I want to confirm this is what the rule intends.

Thanks,
Xenos

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: Cast into melee

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:29 am

there is no clear answer because it depends on the scenario.
The rules are written for two sides, so we can use the convenient definition of "friend" or "foe".
So, in the 3 sides scenario you were playing - were the two other sides both your enemies? I guess so, and in that case, I would allow Switcheroo to be used.

90% of players will play 2 sided battles so I prefer not to confuse the rules and tell those who play with more sides to use their common sense based on the scenario objectives. I may at some point write some scenarios for 3 sides, but it's not a priority

Return to “Advanced Song of Blades Playtest”