Typos and other blunders in ASOBH pdf

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By acessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Typos and other blunders in ASOBH pdf

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 am

Please post in this thread any major blunder you find in the rulebook, so we can send a copy that is as clean as possible to the editor.

Things we already known:
1) capitalization is inconsistent throughout the book. Editor will fix that.
2) ratmen profiles are missing - still working on them
3) there are some blank pages - that's where the map of Norindaal and a general description of the world will go
4) NO scenarios - there was no space. The book must run at 88 pages as we will be using sewn binding (more lasting than just glue), and in order to sew the pages, they must be in a multiple of 8. In addition, with all the complexity added, a half page scenario just doesn't cut it.

More about scenarios: We are counting on selling scenarios and narrative campaigns (at modest prices, think $3/4 for 24 full color pages) so hopefully some people will folow us on that. The scenarios and campaign will expand on Norindaal, so you will have extra maps. When we do dungeon type battles, we might do printable scenario tiles too, but it's too early to tell now.

zarthas

Re: Typos and other blunders in ASOBH pdf

Unread postby zarthas » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm not sure if this is where you'd want this mentioned, but the current copy doesn't have a 'Thief' trait listed. Some of the profiles in the book have the Thief trait, and the ASOBH Warband builder says the Trait is from ASOBH, rather than the one from SGD.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Oops, yes sure, I will add it in. I am not sure what happened, it was probably eaten by the layout :-)

Added in 1 hour 36 minutes 40 seconds:
I also added in Tight Grip, another trait that is too generic to be in Hammer and Forge and must be in ASOBH

Added in 7 seconds:
I also added in Tight Grip, another trait that is too generic to be in Hammer and Forge and must be in ASOBH

zarthas

Unread postby zarthas » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 am

Oh great! Thief sounds like a useful Trait now actually, I'd like to see it in action. The "Lead From the Front" trait is also referenced throughout ASOBH rules and profiles, but doesn't actually appear in it. Is that one in SHF too?

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 am

yes that's in HaF too. It seems I have to shift some content between the two books.

zarthas

Unread postby zarthas » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Does the Shieldwall group activation still work the same way as in SOBH? The Trait description here just says it lets them perform the Group Activation Shieldwall, but doesn't detail its effects.

Also, Irrelevant is mentioned in the text for Ranged Attacks but doesn't appear in the Trait list. Is this ability different from Insignificant?

Jcrozier

Unread postby Jcrozier » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:36 pm

For the Fragile trait (p3), I'd suggest changing "fragile" to "brittle" in the first line of the description:

Fragile
The model is made of bones, crystals or other hard but fragile substance. Crushing attacks (Bludgeon, Ball-and-Chain, Earthquake Maul, Flail, Flying Hammer, Heavy Weapon, Huge Weapon, Hammering Blow, Headbutt, Opportunity Flail Strike, Trample, and all melee attacks from Huge or Gargantuan Creatures) are at +1 against Fragile creatures. This Trait is appropriate for skeletal undead like Skeletons and Liches, but also for crystal golems, crystal elementals, and weaker treemen.

"other hard but brittle substance"

Xenos

Unread postby Xenos » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Beastmaster on pg 47 is a P but not red.

Xenos

Unread postby Xenos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 am

In the Human Profile section on page 80 is:

Adventuring Spellcaster - Personality
Points 142 Quality 3+ Combat 2
Traits Increased Spell Memory (P), Spellcaster
(P). Spells: Mist, Sleep, Wall of Fire,
Blast, Fireball OR Lightning

The Increased Spell Memory is not needed as the spell caster is only taking 5 spells at Q3. He could drop increased memory and be 10 points cheaper at 132 or he could take both fireball and lightning for 28 more points for a total of 170.

Thanks,
Xenos

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks. I will correct that

Added in 8 minutes 46 seconds:
I have deleted Shieldwall from the core rules as there is no space to explain how it works. It will reappear in a supplement

Return to “Advanced Song of Blades Playtest”