Where is my ASOBH pdf?

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By acessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Where is my ASOBH pdf?

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:37 pm

We have sent the HaF pdf sooner because most people needed to know the figures' point values to complete their pledge managers (when we send them) and get an overall idea of what the book is like.

the ASOBH pdf will be sent in about a week.

Both books are UNEDITED and still incomplete for various reasons - some missing illustrations will be pics of painted figures, that obviously cannot exist until we cast the figures and paint them :-); also, I am leaving a few pages "open" so people can suggest clarifications needed or additional materials that can still go in the book.

I won't send the book to the editor until we have taken in your playtest suggestions. The final page count may go up a little if we really need extra space.

zarthas

Re: Where is my ASOBH pdf?

Unread postby zarthas » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm not sure the ASOBH PDF is out yet, so I haven't seen the new rules actually, but I'm wanting to clarify my understanding of the new weapon rules.

So if a profile has a Weapon-Based trait, let's say Piercing(W), and it is disarmed, it'll lose that trait, right? So if we have a Scythe-Monster lizard creature, we could reasonably give him some kind of Piercing ability. Would he be able to be disarmed, and lose that Trait?

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: Where is my ASOBH pdf?

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 am

generally yes, if it cannot be disarmed, it will have the Tight Grip rule (which prevents being disarmed).

However, I will add different rules for body weaponry and special attacks types for monsters in supplements. Things such as swallowing an opponent, holding onto him and raking him with rear claws, etc.

Basically, once you let complexity of weapons creep in, you have to use the same level of details for body weaponry. Hopefully it will just add variety to the game and make monsters more unique.

Return to “Hammer and Forge Playtest”