New Version of the rules uploaded

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By accessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

New Version of the rules uploaded

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Guys
I have uploaded a work in progress PDF with most of the amendments discussed so far. If I understand how gdrive works, you should be able to download it from the original link as it has the same name. If not, please drop me a mail at andreasfiligoi@gmail.com and I'll share it again

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: New Version of the rules uploaded

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:35 pm

I realized that the file I have uploaded has sone big formatting issues. So I will redo it during the weekend and resend it, sorry!
Andrea

Jcrozier

Unread postby Jcrozier » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:16 am

I see that Orcs have vanished from the text (space reasons, I presume) - but they're still mentioned in the attack on the lamasery. Hobgoblins and goblins seem to cover all Orcish bases nicely in any case (the Goblin Heavy Infantry profile would cover most miniature companies' Orcs). Just out of interest, does anyone make wolverine riders?

One thought on the new version of the Savage rule: now that it's a personality trait, does the effect need to be restricted to Medium? I've always found the "gruesome kill but medium range" version less intuitive than the "all kills are gruesome" original. This is nothing to do with the effect on the game, but just what's easiest to remember. If memory serves, quite a few of the games (SAM, MRDG) have the "all kills are gruesome" version. I reckon the simplest version of a rule is generally the best. And as it's a personality trait in FiFu, it's likely to be less disruptive if the simpler version is used.

Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Ooh new version of the rules! Can you post a link to the updated version when you finish the 'formatting issues'? I think last time I had to get you to e-mail me the new rules.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Savage: yes we can reinstate it to Long.
Orcs: there will be some mercenary orcs profiles in the goblins roster, also Goblins can hire them as a campaign bonus
Orcs are still active in the area

Wolverine riders etc: some unusual figures you see statted up in the profiles may be produced by us in the future. We will have another KS ready soon after we deliver this. I cannot say more at the moment.

It seems it will take me also the best part of tomorrow to fix the formatting as I am also making the text as complete as possible and typing in the group move chapter.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:05 am

And I forgot it was Easter. So likely everything slides one day.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:46 pm

And I realized that I will need one more day, sorry guys, but I am occupied with backorders and paying royalties to co-authors today.

Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Understandable. So long as it happens before the book is printed, all will be forgiven.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 am

Sure. And we will release the pdf to all backers and to the general buyers before the book is printed so the larger community will help us find any inconsistencies or typos.

Return to “Fightin' Fungi Playtest”