References to rules not in FiFu- what should I do?

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By accessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

References to rules not in FiFu- what should I do?

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Sometimes, rules in Fightin' Fungi reference other rules from other SOBH books. For example, the Tiny rule references Blast which is in Song of Deeds and Glory.

If I remove said references, i do a disservice to people wishing to use FiFu with other books.

If I leave the reference in FiFu, people will be puzzled ("where is this Blast trait that the rules mention here?)

What should I do? ("Put all the rules in a single book" is not an acceptable answer-- for many reasons, mainly editorial and commercial).

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: References to rules not in FiFu- what should I do?

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Also, adding "see SDG page XX" is impractical as our books have different formats and editions. Plus it gives the impression that the Fightin' Fungi book is incomplete (far from it , in facts I think there is "too much" stuff) to people having only this book (which means, nearly half the 290 backers of the Kickstarter).

Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Thats a bit of a quandry. It will be impossible to cater to everyone's needs. I say reference traits to the respective book, no need to put the page number, saves you from format/edition changes and saves on space to just say (SDG) next to a trait.

Jcrozier

Unread postby Jcrozier » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Is there a halfway house of saying something like this:

(If you're using the Blast trait from Song of Deeds and Glory, attacks hit Tiny characters normally.)

More words, I know, but giving the full name makes it clear that this is another - possibly intriguing - book.

Topic author
Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 pm

I will put a list of Reference acronyms in the general trait discussion. I am double checking to see what is referred to. I can also free some space by eliminating a couple SOBH rules that are not used in FiFu such as Swarm (I do not think we made any Swarm profile so far).

Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:21 pm

None of the FiFu miniatures appear to need the Swarm trait (you could try to argue making a Swarm of puffball spore bombs). To be honest, although I like seeing all the Traits included in the FiFu book, if it doesn't make sense for the purposes of primarily FiFu, then it doesn't need to be included.

Return to “Fightin' Fungi Playtest”