Hammering Blow Free Hack Results

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By accessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Sam_Pate

Hammering Blow Free Hack Results

Unread postby Sam_Pate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:27 pm

When a player rolls a power attack "1" with Hammering Blow the opposite figure gets an extra free hack. This free hack happens before the main melee result.

I may have missed this in the rules, but what happens if the Free Hack result is a recoil? Does the proper melee result become void? If the Melee result as a recoil, does that translate into a knockdown?

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Re: Hammering Blow Free Hack Results

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm

If the power-attacker recoils because of the free hack, his attack is nullified. I will add this in the rules.

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm

I rephrased it as follows:

Hammering Blow
If the Hammering Blow rolls a natural 6 on its C roll on a melee attack AND WINS, the model adds +2 to its total. If the character rolls a 1 on the melee roll, an adjacent foe chosen by the opponent may perform a Free Hack at him. If this free hack causes the character with Hammering Blow to recoil or fall Prone, his attack is canceled. If the free hack kills the character, the character dies BEFORE having a chance to deal his blow.

Topic author
Sam_Pate

Unread postby Sam_Pate » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:35 pm

AH , Ok, thanks. So the free hack recoil stops the main melee happening.

cheers

Marc Gacy

Unread postby Marc Gacy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Hmm, that seems a bit pricey, when you can spend 5 pts to get a +1 that applies in all circumstances, with no 1 out of 6 significant drawback.
The way its written, I don't think I would field a model with this special ability.

Return to “Fightin' Fungi Playtest”