Javelin

This forum is to critically discuss and play-test Ganesha Games products, prior to release.
By accessing this forum you are agreeing that you will not discuss anything relating to unreleased Ganesha Games products, prior to general release. Nor will you share print-at-home resources that have been made available for testing.

Moderators: Andrea Sfiligoi, Neuroranger, Game Designers

Topic author
Abyssal Goblin

Javelin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 am

Can Javelins be thrown multiple range bands? Currently it says Short. But would it be permissible as -2 C at 2x Short, -4 C at 3x Short?

Darkmeer

Re: Javelin

Unread postby Darkmeer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:01 am

I believe thrown weapons are intended to be "short" ranged attacks, with use the Short measuring stick up to 3x short, like the "Shooter: short" quality from SOBH, even though it's worded slightly differently.

Topic author
Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Thats what I would assume as well. I played it as Shooter: Short, but it should be written as such for all those newly reading into SoBH rules.

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:23 pm

yes all ranged weapons can be thrown at multiple ranges as explained in the ranged combat section. The "Short" range means only the kind of measuring stick that is used.

Topic author
Abyssal Goblin

Unread postby Abyssal Goblin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 am

I figured as much. Thanks Andrea!

Andrea Sfiligoi
Ganesha Games
Ganesha Games

Unread postby Andrea Sfiligoi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:03 pm

ASOBH adds a clarification:

A character may perform a single javelin ranged attack per turn. A character could move with 1 action, throw the javelin with a free action, move in contact with an opponent with his second action and then perform a melee attack.

Return to “Fightin' Fungi Playtest”